30 Nov A programme of Christmas Magic is unveiled at Chester House in Northamptonshire
Chester House Estate has been transformed into a winter wonderland – with Santa and his elves all set to meet, greet and entertain children and their families from across Northamptonshire.
The estate, which opened to the public just over a year ago, is wrapping up its first full year with a Christmas Magic-themed series of events, all of them presided over by Santa Claus himself – who will be joined in his grotto by a Christmas Fairy, Nutcracker Soldier and Jingles The Elf.
Tickets to see Santa sold out within days of going online, so the team at Chester House have this week released some additional slots. These too are selling out fast, with limited tickets left for Saturday 26th November, Sunday 27thNovember, and Friday 16th December. There are also tickets available on Thursday 15th December 12noon-8pm, a day designed to sensitively cater for youngsters with additional needs, as well as their families.
All tickets to see Santa in his grotto include a a step back in time to Christmas past courtesy of a visit to the Toy Hall of Fame, as well as a 15-minute immersive theatre production from Santa and his friends courtesy of the team from Imagination Entertainments.
In addition to Santa’s Grotto, the Christmas Magic festival at Chester House includes a Santa Paws event for four legged friends, carol singers, markets, late night shopping and street food:
- Saturday, 3rdDecember: Carol singers from the Northampton Rock Choir, a Christmas tree market and a special appearance from four alpacas: Anaire, Malibu, Aroura and Coco.
- Sunday, 4th December: A Christmas tree market and a special appearance from four alpacas.
- Saturday, 10thDecember: Carol singers from the Wellingborough’s Primary Academy, a Christmas tree market and a special appearance from four alpacas.
- Saturday, 10thDecember: Woofmas Market: Special appearance from ‘Santa Paws’ and shopping stalls for your four-legged friends 10am until 4pm
- Sunday, 11th December: A Christmas tree market and a special appearance from four alpacas.
- Thursday, 15thDecember: Late Night Shopping at Chester House Estate (5pm-8pm)
- Sunday, 18thDecember: Carol singers from the Northampton Rock Choir
Mulled wine and mince pies will be served up at the outdoor Wagon Hovel bar, alongside pigs in blankets, pizzas and festive cookies, all part of the new festive menu.
Chester House Estate is overseen by North Northamptonshire Council and opened to the public in October 2021, following an extensive £17m Nationally Lottery Heritage Funded restoration project.
To find out more about Christmas Magic and other festive events at Chester House Estate visit: www.chesterhouseestate.org/christmas