01 Nov Small Business Saturday Announces UK Tour To Celebrate Decade Milestone
The nation’s most loved independents have a chance to be put on the map, as the Small Business Saturday campaign announces plans to mark its ten-year anniversary with a special celebratory roadshow.
Business owners across the country are being encouraged to sign up to get involved, as the campaign gears up to shine a massive spotlight on small firms in every corner of the UK, by visiting over 20 towns and cities this autumn, alongside a digital programme of support and mentoring.
Supported by BT, ‘The Tour’ will kick-off in Glasgow, going on to visit small businesses in locations including Fife, York, Cardiff, and Padstow throughout November, before finishing in London in the run up to Small Business Saturday on 3 December.
Alongside the physical roadshow, the campaign will also offer a jam-packed daily schedule of online content – including free workshops and mentoring covering a vast range of relevant topics, as well as interviews with small businesses and experts.
“Small Business Saturday has always been about supporting and celebrating the UK’s fantastic entrepreneurs, and never has this been more important as they face a barrage of challenges this winter,” said Michelle Ovens CBE, and director of Small Business Saturday UK.
“We can’t wait to get back on the road with ‘The Tour’, to spotlight these brilliant and unique small businesses, whilst also offering them vital support in-person and online.”
With sustainability and energy saving high on the agenda for small firms, ‘The Tour’ will once again feature a fleet of electric and zero emissions vehicles that reflect the sustainable switches many small business owners are making in their daily lives, whilst also highlighting the vital role small firms play in the race to net zero.
“Once again small businesses are facing another challenging year and having to think strategically in order to succeed,” said Chris Sims, BT’s managing director for its SoHo (Single/Small office, Home office) unit.
“Earlier this year BT launched a new customer Charter with a commitment to step up free digital skills training for small businesses and working with partners such as Small Business Saturday on initiatives like The Tour is an important route to deliver this.”
“It’s a brilliant way for small businesses across the country to gain support in digital skills and grow their capability for the future. We’re delighted to be supporting The Tour again this year.”
Small Business Saturday is a grassroots, non-commercial campaign, which celebrates small business success and encourages consumers to ‘shop local’ and to support businesses in their communities.
The iconic campaign is celebrating its tenth year in the UK this year, with principal supporter American Express.
The Small Business Saturday tour will visit the following UK locations:
• Monday 31ˢᵗ October Glasgow
• Tuesday 1ˢᵗ November Fife
• Wednesday 2ⁿᵈ November Edinburgh
• Thursday 3ʳᵈ November Belfast
• Friday 4ᵗʰ November Wirral
• Monday 7ᵗʰ November Manchester
• Tuesday 8ᵗʰ November Helmsley
• Wednesday 9ᵗʰ November York
• Thursday 10ᵗʰ November Grimsby
• Friday 11ᵗʰ November Derby
• Monday 15ᵗʰ November Cambridge
• Tuesday 16ᵗʰ November Birmingham
• Wednesday 17ᵗʰ November Hereford
• Thursday 18ᵗʰ November Merthyr Tydfil
• Friday 19ᵗʰ November Cardiff
• Monday 22ⁿᵈ November Padstow
• Tuesday 23ʳᵈ November Exeter
• Wednesday 24ᵗʰ November Southampton
• Thursday 25ᵗʰ November Brighton
• Friday 26ᵗʰ November Leighton Buzzard
• Monday 29ᵗʰ November Walthamstow
• Tuesday 30ᵗʰ November Aldgate
• Wednesday 1ˢᵗ December Brixton