15 Oct Build Your Business in Northamptonshire with a Grant up to £2,000
The Business & IP Centre Northamptonshire are launching a programme of business support in Northamptonshire.
Build Your Business is a new programme aimed at small businesses, entrepreneurs and anyone thinking of starting their own business.
The programme consists of:
- access to specialist business databases
- start-up grants of up to £2,000
Start-up business grants
Part of the Build Your Business programme is the opportunity to apply for a grant. Successful applicants will receive a £2,000 grant for business expenses and ongoing support from the BIPC Northamptonshire team.
The eligibility criteria and terms and conditions include:
- The business must be registered in Northamptonshire and be less than one year old on the application deadline
- The business must read and comply with the full terms and conditions, must submit a completed business plan using the BIPC Northamptonshire business plan template, and submit a completed application form
- The business must have attended at least three BIPC Northamptonshire Build Your Business sessions prior to application. This can be any combination of workshops, webinars, 1:1’s or mentoring
- Grant applications must be received by midday on Friday 5 January 2024
Modules cover the key areas of running a business:
Module 1 Build Your Business – start here!
This module provides a valuable introduction to the Build Your Business programme, including details of the support available and the grant application process and requirements. This is also an opportunity to start building your network of other local business owners.
Module 2 Markets and Customers
- Importance of marketing and the impact it can have on your business
- Understand your market, opportunities, trends, and market potential
- What is a brand? Why is it important to a start-up and small business and how does it deliver growth and impact?
- Brand identity development, what’s your personality, what are your values and what do you believe in?
- Creating a marketing plan
- Digital channel overview – what is the best way to reach your audience and communicate with them effectively?
There are bookable 1:1 mentoring sessions available for this module open to Northamptonshire businesses. We have a limited number of sessions available, so this will be on a first come first serve basis. To book a mentoring 1:1 Email: email@example.com
Module 3 Business Growth Strategy
- Use a range of established strategic tools to help consider what will work best for you, your business and your ambitions
- What is important to maintain and develop in your business using the Business Model Canvas
- Help you develop your own strategy for business growth to share with investors and lenders
- Effective resource management, which assets are most important to your business and what assets do you need to develop
- Build effective processes and polices for people management
Module 4 Financial Planning
- Enable you to read and use the financial information your business needs to thrive
- Use a range of simple tools to measure progress to ensure that sales will generate profits, and that profitability will not be at the expense of future stability
- Look at the key forecasts for your cost, cash and contributions
- Finance and planning for growth
Module 5 Personal Development for Business Owners
- Examine the behaviours that can get in the way of running a successful business and those that contribute
- Content will include time management, prioritisation and delegation as well as holding on to purpose and resilience
There are bookable 1:1 mentoring sessions available for this module open to Northamptonshire businesses. The Business & IP Centre Northamptonshire have a limited number of sessions available, so this will be on a first come first serve basis. To book a mentoring 1:1 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The programme is completely flexible so businesses can access as much support as they need, tailored to them.
As part of the programme weekly business support drop-ins in Brixworth, Towcester and Wellingborough Libraries are already being offered. Bookable 1:1s are available in Northamptonshire Central Library, Brixworth, Kettering, Towcester and Wellingborough Libraries as well as online.
This project is part-funded by the UK Government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund. The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The Fund aims to improve pride in place and increase life chances across the UK investing in communities and place, supporting local business, and people and skills. For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/uk-shared-prosperity-fund-prospectus