12 Sep Community grants now available to help transform lives in North Northants
Voluntary and community groups are being encouraged to apply for small grants to help improve the lives of local residents before Monday 2 October.
The grants of up to £5,000 are being made available by North Northamptonshire Council.
The scheme is open to community and voluntary sector organisations, Parish councils, charities, clubs and not for profit organisations. School PTAs, Friends of groups and health charities can also apply.
NNC are encouraging applications which can demonstrate that funding will be used to support one or more priorities, including:
- the project should generally be in line with the councils stated aims, objectives and policies
- support volunteering, community involvement, neighbourhood and community led activities
- enable voluntary youth action and the development of services for young people including equipment
- prevent homelessness, improve social mobility and tackle inequality; and promote social inclusion and community resilience
- improve the health and wellbeing of all people in North Northamptonshire and reduce health inequalities by enabling people to help themselves
- the protection and enhancement of the environment
- community based projects such as community events, fayres and carnivals
- environmental improvements
A full list of priorities, criteria for applying and how to apply can be found on the council’s website.
Cllr Mark Rowley, the council’s Executive Member for Housing, Communities and Levelling Up, said:
“Community and voluntary organisations play such an important part in their local areas and these grants will make such a difference.
“I would encourage anyone who is considering applying to look carefully at the criteria and then provide all the information required before 2 October to stand the best chance in being successful.”
Cllr Jason Smithers, Leader of the Council, added:
“As a council, we are committed to helping communities and these grants will benefit so many individuals across North Northants. If you have a project in the pipeline or need a funding boost to help with running costs, do get in touch.”
Other grants available from the council include the Member Empowerment Fund, where each NNC Councillor is allocated yearly funding for small-community based projects up to £2,000.
Money can be awarded to parish or town councils, community groups, voluntary organisations and charities working in North Northamptonshire. This allows members to be innovative in formulating proposals for the benefit of residents in their wards. Applications must be made by a ward member.